When New Roomie Came


For a time, because Pao Chi left and went to Hammieven, I've been Human's only hammie. It could get lonely at times, with only the cage bars and the exercise wheel to amuse me.

And yes, of course, the Nescafe box became my companion.

My sleeping companion

My exercise buddy

No, I'm not endorsing the product. Geez, I don't even drink coffee. Caffeine is very bad for hammie health, but it seems the Human is fond of drinking such that I'm surprised she hasn't turned coffee-colored yet.

I've gotten used to being on my own that I was surprised when, one night, Human came home with this:

"I brought you a friend," Human told me happily.

"What's that? Saw dust?" I looked up to her and she only seemed to smile from ear to ear. Maybe she thought I was happy that she brought me saw dust. I'm content with my fine pine beddings, thank you. Me needs no rough saw dust. Eeeewww.

I looked closely. Oh, it's not just saw dust. She's also brought home a cotton ball. Is that for nesting? I searched her face for answers.

Human picked up the clear tub containing the saw dust and put it near my cage. Something's moving in it. I stood up in alarm.

"Look, Coco," Human said. "Meet Qingzi!"


Oh, so she's got me a "friend". Great. What is she doing anyway, with her face pressed on the clear plastic wall?

"Qingzi's a boy hamster, too, like you."

I jumped up and down, shouting at her: she's not a boy! She's a girl!

Awww, but it seems Human is convinced she brought home a male buddy for me when I can smell her all the way from my cage.

But what could I do? I got a new roommie.

But I wish Human would get us a bigger home. This Qingzi took my box!


Aaaarrrrrrgggghhhhhhhhh!

 

2 squeaks:

Ana said...

Aww, these photos are too cute? What did you do with your new hammie lady?

Coco said...

to ana:

Well, we're friends now, actually. Or rather, we've learned to tolerate each other hehe. Human gave us a bigger home, by the way